Sunday, September 30, 2012

SMF 9/30/12 Bluetooth keyboard

Hi,

This is awesome.  I now really don't need a laptop.  My smartphone, with swype and voice recognition, is already pretty good.  However, sometimes you just want to type.  So I got a bluetooth keyboard.  It's not small, and not very light, but who cares?  It's so much better than any of those other methods.  If you screw up, you use backspace.  I know, I know, many of you are so good at swyping and speaking robotically that yours never screws up, right?  Well, I'm not.  So if I'm writing more than just a twitter update, I like the comfort of a keyboard.  I find that big words stump both swype and google voice recognition on my droid, or create an autocorrect fail.  While sometimes funny, I don't want to send an email that has grammatical issues to my boss, for instance.  The other day, I wrote a 2 page email on my  droid on the way to work.  The keyboard was clutch.  For that alone, it's worth the $40 I spent on google offers.  Don't get me wrong; at my age (31, for those of you who are wondering) I sometimes like a larger screen than my droid.  But for mobile things, I'd rather not have to buy a verizon service for sharing my droid's 4g connection, or setup my laptop.  It's easier to just do it on the droid.  Plus, it's faster than most of the laptops at my house.  

Anybody out there have experience in folding keyboards or smaller form factor ones that are more portable?  I like mine because it's basically setup like a a macbook keyboard, and it has an attached mouse that slides out.  I could see how some folks might like a smaller/lighter one though.

Have a good one,

~Mark

1 comment:

  1. Durability - consider this for your mobile device. My keyboard lasted for about 2 weeks before popping off a key in my bookbag. It's still usable, but it's annoying that something meant for portability can't survive my bag.

    ReplyDelete