Tuesday, September 25, 2012

SMF 9/25/12 The advantage of solar

Hi interwebs.

I want one.
http://www.amazon.com/External-Universal-Charging-Smartphones-E-readers/dp/B004GVIZC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348587706&sr=8-1&keywords=droid+solar+charger

I have solar panels on my house, but I really want a solar powered extra backup battery.  Even my Droid Razr Maxx isn't quite enough power for me, if I use it a lot or for a long time.  I absolutely DESPISE having to remain close to a wall outlet or a laptop or some other charging device in order to keep my phone going.  I'm a hippie at heart, preferring to be out in the woods somewhere.  I haven't done an overnight backpacking trip, but I want to.  For safety's sake, I'd like to have a phone to call it in if I'm in a tree because there's a bear at the base.  However, my phone doesn't do me much good if it's DOA.  So, while I'm up in the tree canopy, I can climb high enough to place my solar charger's panel in a ray of sunlight, and then patiently charge it while speaking in soothing tones to Mr. Bear.

So, if any of you out there want a full fledged review of the product, you can always donate to my cause.  In the meantime, I'll email the product's makers and see if they want me to review it.

Have a good one,

~Mark

for more, see http://www.treehugger.com/gadgets/solar-restore-battery-revives-your-phone-when-away-home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment