Wednesday, April 24, 2019

GoogleFi

Hi all,

I've just learned I've been doing it wrong.  My googlefi is on a Samsung note9 (unlocked from AT&T) but I'm only getting the Tmobile towers that way.  I need to try googlefi on a googlefi phone to get the true measure of the service.  Apparently, on a GoogleFi phone, it switches from TMobile to Sprint to US Cellular, depending on the service strength. 
https://support.google.com/fi/thread/4727480

If you'd like to try it, feel free to try the link below:

https://g.co/fi/r/YMY8CK

I will say that even on a Samsung Note 9 without the tower switching capability, the data on my GoogleFi phone vastly outperforms the data on Sprint.  However, the voice quality is lesser than the sprint service, and both of them aren't quite as good as AT&T (Sprint has worse data, GoogleFi has worse voice).  They ALL have dead spots between Winsted and Hartford, for both voice and data.   

So.  Now I have to try a GoogleFi phone with GoogleFi service, even though the specs on the Pixel XL aren't as good as the specs on the Note 9.  Maybe this will lead to the best service overall?  I'm optimistic, but not idealistically so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment